Bio-Heat autologous bone graft with extented resorption properties
The Bio-Heat Technology
The Bio-Heat technology was recently developed as a novel advancement with the aim of extending the resorption properties of PRF from 2-3 weeks to 4-6 months.
The protocol involves an additional heating processing step following centrifugation whereby the platelet-poor plasma (PPP) layer is heated at specific temperatures to denature and reorganize albumin. This drastically extends the working resorption properties of PRF. The Bio-Heat technology has now been extensively utilized in various fields of medicine and dentistry, including facial aesthetics.
Simply stated, by heating and denaturing albumin, a modification in the secondary structure after heating transforms liquid PRF into a tridimensional structure. The heating process consists of a pronounced modification in the surface structure of albumin with in its resorption properties favoring more stability when implanted back into host tissues.
The Bio-Heat system is the first commercial available heating system to extend the resorption properties of platelet rich fibrin.
The Bio-Heat device is a first device that can be utilized as an implantable ‘Filler’ made of 100% entirely natural products!
Bio-Heat | Clinical Use
- A biological filler in the facial aesthetics (Bio-Filler)
- A barrier membrane for Guide Bone Regeneration (GBR) procedures
- Covering the lateral window during sinus lifting
- Root coverage procedures
- Management of black triangles in the papilla
- Insertion into periodontal pockets non-surgically to favor stability
- 100% Autologous
- Extended working properties of e-PRF
- May be utilized as a barrier membrane in GBR procedures
- Production of a “sticky” matrix for the optimal bone graft handling
- No Chemical additives